Monday, August 31, 2009

Sparkling Drinks: Like Hell!


I would like everyone to know that I am WAY THE HELL TOO HARDCORE to play along with a theme like "sparkling," my love of cosmetic sparkles not withstanding. For this competition I made Kirs. Not Kir Royales, no sir. Kirs. But I served them in my sparkly new 1950s cocktail pump! It's like a pretty soap dispenser for booze!

Kir:
1 bottle Chardonnay (I used Artesa, from my wine club)
1/3 cup Creme de Cassis


Of course, I made another WEAK-ASS drink, too. It was surprisingly good. I want a name for it, but it's pretty much a cross between a champagne cocktail and a bellini, and those names don't really mix. For reasons known to those present, I may just call it Soo's Bane.

Drink, otherwise unspecified:
1 sugar cube
3 dashed Fee Brothers peach bitters
3 dashes Peychauds bitters
put in champagne flute, top up with good prosecco (I used Sommariva)

No comments:

Post a Comment