Monday, August 31, 2009

Synesthesia: It means the inappropriate mixing of sensory modalities

I was all busy-like this month, and two of my drink ideas just didn't pan out. We ended up just drinking the ingredients for those drinks, which was pretty good. Opinion was split on the drink I did submit to synesthesia night. The competition was constructed thusly: Present a drink, with accompaniment to a piece of music that somehow enhances the experience, informs the drink, or something else like that. This is what I did, and it is named after the song by Portishead:

The Rip
1 oz. freezer-cold vodka (I used Yuri Dolgoruki Kristal)
1 Tbsp. cucumber soaking with two cucumber slices (cucumber slices soaked a couple hours in a mixture of half-and-half vodka and dry vermouth)
1/2 Tbsp. Shoju (I used sweet potato Shoju)

No comments:

Post a Comment