Thursday, October 29, 2009

Just in time for Halloween




About a month late, I finally present my tiki drink cum Halloween-themed cocktail: The Elder Zombie. It may sound like a Magic card (Hey there, that's a challenge idea!), but it's actually a tasty beverage inspired by the classic Zombie, famous for having as much as three shots worth of booze in a proper pour.

The Elder Zombie
  • 1/4 oz. lime juice
  • 1/4 oz. grapefruit juice
  • 1/4 oz. grenadine
  • 1/4 oz. elderflower syrup
(You're probably thinking to yourself at this point "Christ, man, where's the alcohol?!" Admittedly, it does not share everything in common with its inspiration)
  • 1 1/2 oz. rum, your favorite mix of light and dark.
  • 1/4 oz. Campari
  • Dash Angostura bitters

Mix everything together, imbibe and be merry.

I have to say, I'm proud that after figuring out this recipe I ran into a lime/grapefruit/grenadine/elderflower cocktail from one of the big cocktail bars in New York (PDT? Death and Co.? I think one of those). It didn't go the same direction with the bitters and such, but nonetheless it makes me like my intuition is moving in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment